We are currently seeking an exceptional UX/UI Designer to fill a 4–5 month contract position, with the strong possibility for follow-on work.
The focus of this role is to lead the design for phase 1 of a multi-phase project aiming to harmonize the user experience and create a scalable design system for an entire suite of online learning products. Phase 1 will focus on just two of the client’s leading products with the intent to apply the resulting design system to the company’s entire catalog of products.
Qualified candidates must exhibit a balance of left brain/right brain thinking; highly creative problem solvers, while demonstrating an engineered approach to UX/UI Design. The right person will work well autonomously and with input from Researchers, Strategists, Product Managers and Design Directors. Candidates must be adept systems-thinkers with experience in developing design systems for digital products. Advanced visual UI design skills are imperative. Previous experience designing online learning products is not required but considered a big plus.
Success on this project will require expert skills to:
- Apply key insights from UX Research
- Participate in a thorough assessment of the current solution and help identify opportunities for improvement
- Absorb, understand and build upon the strategic vision for an improved design that will be created by the lead UX Strategist on the project
- Work a sprint ahead of engineering teams in agile development cycles to iteratively develop interactive prototypes for the new design, beginning with wireframes and increasing in fidelity to polished final UI designs
- Rationalize the proposed designs through the lens of four key personas: Learner, Educator, Administrator and Families
- Thoroughly document the resulting design system, detailing the intent of the design, specs for implementation, and governance guidelines to help the team maintain its integrity over time.
We are a brand-focused digital agency in Sausalito, CA, specializing in strategic branding, creative + UX design and digital marketing for independent companies with an entrepreneurial spirit and early stage startups.